Summer is coming to a close and that means an end to my vegetable garden. Other than the sad loss of our 14 tomato plants (darn deer!) we had a pretty good run this summer. But this post is not about my garden, I want to see the fruits of YOUR labor! I am very excited to announce the Orange Kitchen's first blogging event! A Veggie Round-Up! What I am looking for are recipes that really highlight garden vegetables. If you would like to participate create a blog post (old posts are OK) and email me your entry! Just check out the guidelines below.
Here are a few simple rules:
- The recipe MUST highlight a vegetable. It's great if you grew the vegetable yourself, but don't worry if your veggies are from a farmers market or grocery store.
- All entries should be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- The email should include: your name, blog name and URL, permanent link to your entry post, the picture you wish to be used in the round-up, and a short (sentence or 2) description of the recipe or your experience making it.
- If you do not have a blog feel free to email your name, a photo of the food, a link to where you found the recipe that you used and a short description of the recipe/your experience.
- Entries should be submitted by midnight on Saturday, September 12th **EDIT I have decided to make the deadline midnight on Sunday, September 13th! Hopefully the extra weekend day will be helpful to some people! The round up will be posted by Monday, September 14th.
- Feel free to use the round-up graphic I created and link back to my site!